Thursday, August 11, 2011

Catching Up

I mentioned in the last post that I'm staying in the hospital to deal with some contractions I've been having. I thought I'd give a little more of an explanation and catch everyone up on recent goings-on.

Today is my three week anniversary of being in the Prenatal High Risk Unit at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. When I got here three weeks ago I was twenty-six weeks along in the pregnancy, and my doctor wanted me to come get checked out because I was feeling a lot of contractions. They were able to get the contractions under control fairly easily with some medication, but I can't go home yet. My body is irritated from having three babies growing and kicking around inside, and without close monitoring and medication I could go into pre-term labor any day (no thanks). So it's likely that I will stay here until the babies are born, and I hope that they won't come for a while!

I'm nearly twenty-nine weeks into the pregnancy right now, and we're really hoping to make it to at least thirty-two weeks (September 2nd) before delivering the babies. That's only another three weeks away! I would really love to deliver some time closer to thirty-six weeks - we'll see how things go. The doctors are very happy with how the babies are looking right now, even though they are still very little. Each of the babies is estimated to weigh over two pounds and is developing without any complications. We're so excited to meet them, and we're thankful for every day that they get to "cook."

I like to tell Tom that I'm punishing the babies for putting me in the hospital. They're grounded, and they're not allowed to come out of their womb for at least three weeks! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see the discipline is starting early in this case :). Don't you go becoming a softy just yet! Stay strong, at least this one time..I doubt I will ever advocate their "punishment" once they arrive! Can't wait to spoil them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan, you are too cute. I just learned of your blog so I'm here reading for the first time. Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to meet your 3 precious ones. -Sheree

    ReplyDelete